If Apple Mobile Device USB driver is corrupted or missing in your Windows computer, the iOS devices, such as iPhone would not be detected or recognized by the host or the virtual machine. At this moment, in order to successfully connect iPhone etc Apple device to host computer or VMware Mac OS X, it is necessary to check and install or update Apple mobile device USB driver at first on your computer.
Where and how you can check Apple mobile device USB driver?
1. Take Windows 7 as example. Open Control Panel and search device manager at the top right side.
2. Then click Device Manager under System to open it.
VMware has done some testing with Symbian (Nokia E71), iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and Windows Mobile, according to Kolin. The announcement also underscores a current trend to allow IT departments. A mobile phone, known as a cell phone in North America, is a portable telephone that can make and receive calls over a radio frequency link while the user is moving within a telephone service area. The radio frequency link establishes a connection to the switching systems of a mobile phone.
3. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers and usually you see Apple Mobile Device USB Driver there.
Apple mobile device USB driver is automatically installed when you plug iPhone/iPad etc to the computer. So in most of cases, you just need to disconnect Apple device from computer and connect it again. Then the problem would be solved. If it doesn't work, please install or update the Apple mobile device USB driver in Device Manager.
How to install or update Apple mobile device USB driver?
Vmware Mobile Phones Verizon
If you have connected iPhone etc Apple device to your computer, now just go to Portable DevicesApple iPhone or Apple Mobile Device USB driver in Device Manager. Right click it and select Update Driver Software option from context menu.
1. On following window, choose a way to find and update the driver software.
Now we choose the first one 'Search automatically for updated driver software'. Surely if you have downloaded the Apple mobile device USB driver, you can browse your computer for driver software.
2. Instantly, you will get the message 'The best driver software for your device is already installed'. Or you will have to wait for Windows to find and install the updated driver software on your computer in few minutes.
1. If Windows cannot find the driver, you can find and download it manually. But it is not so easy to do by youself.
2. If the above method didn't work, you can uninstall the Apple Mobile Device USB driver firstly and then reinstall it.
- 2-1 Right click on Apple Mobile Device USB driver and choose 'uninstall'.
- 2-2 Click OK to confirm uninstall and delete the driver software for the device.
- 2-3 Click Action on top menu and click Scan for hardware changes.
Vmware Mobile Phones & Portable Devices Driver